Monday 19 September 2022

Support Group Quilt Along


I wasn't sure I was going to do this quilt along, I thought the image of tons of bra's was a little odd.  I actually have two cousins who successfully beat breast cancer, so it's not that it didn't touch my heart ...but I just couldn't get past all the bra images.

Then I saw someone say they looked like bikini tops, and I thought oh yeah, cool.  A sweet summer reminder of fun and sunshine, or trips from the past.  

Not long after that, Fat Quarter Shop reached out to me and asked me to take part and share my progress on social media.  Of course, I have enough block of the month, and quilts in progress to keep me going for a year, but I came up with a plan.  Make this quilt out of scraps....and donate it to raise money for breast cancer.  

Now if you want to purchase the kit, it includes the Support Group Quilt Pattern and Stitch fabric by Lori Holt to make a 59.5" x 66.5" quilt top and binding.

Quilt Kit


Alternatively you can just purchase the pattern like I am, and use stash or scraps.


Support Group Quilt PDF Pattern

So keep checking back as I start to make these blocks and show my support for Breast Cancer Awareness.  




ps.  There is also a cross stitch chart if your not into quilting!!  More information HERE!!

Until next time, craft on!!

1 comment:

  1. I too will be making a wall hanging & raffling it off for Cancer Fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete