Thursday 14 July 2022

Jolly July Update

 How is your Jolly July going??  Mine is going great.  I am managing to keep up with all my cross stitch projects and have to say, I am really enjoying Boo Crew...and Letters To Santa.  Many of you know how much I love a good mystery, and these are no exception.


Part 1 of Letters to Santa

Letters to Santa is a pattern from Fat Quarter Shop and the cost is quite minimal for the PDF chart.  Every Friday you get a new section emailed and build the mystery one stitch at a time.  The first section released July 1st was the border, which reminds me of how the old airmail envelopes used to look.  When I first moved to Canada from England....40 odd years ago, this was how I communicated with my parents.  No cell phones or internet back then.  


Working on the black 14 count aida is not as hard as it looks.  I stitch in the evening with a light around my neck and a piece of white copy paper on my lap, under the aida cloth.  Much easier to see the holes.


Part 2 of Letters to Santa

Part 2 released July 8th and was super easy and quick to stitch.  Letters go so quickly...I am so excited to see what Part 3 will be tomorrow.  Do you have any guesses??

Boo Crew is the other super fun mystery QUILT and STITCH along from Fat Quarter Shop, and this one is FREE!!  I am actually doing both the quilt and stitch along...

Part 1 of Boo Crew


The chart releases every Tuesday in the month of July.  I am stitching mine on the called for Peaceful Purple 14 count Aida, using DMC floss.  This is much easier to see than the black ha ha.  One of the things I like about these patterns, is they don't use a ton of thread.  7 for this one, and if you don't have the called for fabric, they offer lots of great substitutes.  My friend Brenda is stitching hers on a Hazy Grey dyed aida.  It's so neat to see the difference in both of them.

I am not finished part 2 which released this week, but here it is so far...

Part 2 of Boo Crew


I just love the hat...it's so super sweet.  Tonight is my catch up night, so plan on finishing this section - which is the letter O - tonight.  Tomorrow on my Youtube video, I will show you how the quilt sections are coming along.

Leave me some comments below on how your #JollyJuly2022 is coming along.  Until next time...craft on.

No comments:

Post a Comment