Wednesday 6 July 2022

Camping and Cross Stitch....does it work?

 We finally got out on the road with our 19' travel trailer this past weekend. I can't believe this was our first time, normally we are itching to go camping in late May.  The first trip we never go too far, and it's only for 2 nights so we can restock the cupboards, remember how to use everything and make note of things we have forgotten.  Our first trip was to Rideau Provincial Park located on the historic Rideau Waterways, in Kemptville, which is 40 km from Ottawa.  

Our trailer all set up


Didn't take us too long to get set up, and after we had taken Toby for a walk around the area for a million air pee's, we were ready for a cool drink and some relaxing.  This is when I pull out the cross-stitch.  

Letters to Santa


I have to say, it was so peaceful...sitting in the shade, stitching away on Letters To Santa with Toby lying at my feet.  That is, until a wee little red squirrel decided to have a full on conversation with Toby!! Letters to Santa is a paid for weekly Mystery Cross Stitch from the Fat Quarter Shop...click the link above for more details.

The weather was glorious the whole time we were there, not too hot....or humid.  Most of my days were sitting outside stitching and listening to music or the squirrel and Toby's conversation.

One day we took our 2 year old grandson for a few hours, and went to the beach.  Then paddled and splashed in the water.

Toes in the sand

Toes in the water

In the evenings, to avoid the mosquitoes we lounged inside, watching TV and naturally, me stitching.

Jungle Welcome

Toby being Toby...sleeping

I have to say, having all my projects in different bags, with their own set of floss, scizzors, pencils and patterns really helps keep me organized.  I think I may need to make a little floss catcher for all the little endy bits.  Something small...what do you use?  

And as for forgetting something, we did...something REAL BIG....the kettle!!!!  

If you want to know how my Jolly July 2022 stitching has been going, check out this weeks Tobyknits Flosstube:    




Until next time...craft on!!









No comments:

Post a Comment