Tuesday 9 January 2024

New Year, New Start, Old WIPS

Happy New Year!!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and/or Holiday Season...and hopefully got lots of new yarnie goodness.  Or maybe some quilting fabrics, books or cross stitch??   

Believe it or not, I didn't get anything craft related.  Well unless you count my gorgeous new Daphne's Diary Planner.  Have you seen it yet?  



Oh my, I am obsessed with it.  The illustrations are beautiful and so much room for writing, To Do lists, Ideas, and Notes every single week.  I should be able to stay on track with everything this year now!



Do you use a planner, diary or journal?  Maybe you use a digital tracker?  I am interested, let me know below in the comments.

Another thing I am using this year to help get my WIP's down (Works In Progress) as I was horrified to see how many Knitting and Crochet WIP's I actually had (did you see my Vlogmas Video where I went through them all?) is a little Planner I made up.  


I am using the Gideon Method, where I jot down ALL my WIP's, then select just 6 of them to work through a rotation.  12 hours each project.  If it's finished....replace it with another WIP, if its not finished, down to the bottom of the list after the 12 hours of work and pick the next.  So far, this system is really working well for me.  I actually have a finished object!!!



This little beauty was finished two nights ago.  Granted, I only had to do her dress, hat, hair and face....but the little doll body had sat in the basement unfinished for over twelve months...so I was happy to move her up to my craft room, finished!!

Now I am back working on the My Favourite Blanket from Kay Jones, of The Bakery Bears. It is fun to fall in love again with an old project.  How do you handle your WIP's?

If you interested in getting a free copy of my Tobyknits Wip Planner PDF, just sign up for my Weekly Newsletter and it's all yours!!  

Have a great week....I am off for a cuppa and work on that squishy blanket....it's snowing like mad here!   


4 comments:

  1. I love your doll and am looking forward to seeing your blanket. I am more of a one or two projects at a time person and I am currently trying to finish both my HKAL and my Geogradient fringe before the end of January so that I can have them blocked and ready to travel to my Conference in Winnipeg in early February! Then I might start Slipstravaganza and a one colour cubic 3-D looking shawl in some gorgeous limey green yarn from the UK. The pattern is from a young designer whose name escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your live. Learned a lot about WIP's etc. Although for some reason I like to do things one at a time and finish them. I guess that is the way my mom taught me to finish what I started before going to something else. I do like the idea of having many projects going to be able to kill the shear boredom of working on one project at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doll is absolutely adorable!!! And I saw your journal in person and it is spectacular!!!! So much fun! I am terrified to list my WIP's... Crochet, quilting & cross stitch... Never mind all the painting projects I want to do!!! Shhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do I sign up for your newsletter to get that PDF please? I can’t seem to find it. I enjoy your blog and videos

    ReplyDelete