Monday 20 June 2022

Who Knits in the Summer?

 I am having a little struggle with myself right now.....knitting in the summer.  Where I live - Ontario, Canada....it gets very very hot and humid during the summer months.  I also seem to lose my knitting mojo when the weather gets bright and cheery, probably because there are other more fun things to do, like camping.  Yes, I have taken my knitting with me camping....but it often lays idle on the bed as we are out walking, or lounging under the awning, my attention lost to the activities of the camp ground. 

I am currently working on three projects:

Triangulum Blanket by Ellie Jones

Owl Cowl by Kay Jones

Flax Sweater by TinCan Knits

So here are the questions. 

  1. Should I put them ALL away till say September and not think about them?
  2. Should I choose one only to work on and hibernate the other two?
  3. Should I just knit them when travelling in the car somewhere? (p.s. I don't drive!!)
  4. Should I just suck it up and keep on knitting?
How do you manage summer knitting??  

For more information on my knitting projects, check out my Monday episodes of Tobyknits on my YouTube channel.  Until next time, craft on.




No comments:

Post a Comment